Sunday, May 10, 2009

Why are you online right now?


It's Mother's Day, for goodness' sake! Get your little rear out of that computer chair and go hug your mom. You're probably asking me why I'm doing this blog, then. My mother is actually not in town right now, but will be home later tonight when I will spend time with her then.

Not much for hugs? Go and buy her a gift (like flowers, a cute purse, or even an ice cream cone- I'm not talking big bucks here; just something so that she knows you were thinking about her). And you don't even have to buy anything- just make her a short card. I know, I know, I'm not one for the lovey-dovey-let's-talk-about-our-feelings cards. I'm not that type of person. I'm not one to write, "You've always been there for me and I love you always." It would just be a weird moment (would she expect that type of writing now every time I make a card? Would I be expected to share my emotions? Gross). So just write honestly (and kindly, mind you). If the card thing freaks you out, just spend time with her.

Your mom's not in town? Call her. Seriously, it's one measly day of the year- I think you can manage to set aside a few moments.

Why are you still reading? Go!

No comments: