Friday, May 15, 2009

Oh no.

I have to start working on Tuesday.

I had gotten lucky at the start of the spring term- I had so much tennis that it was impossible for me to come in and work. I asked my coordinator if I could delay my start date until after the regular season. She was really flexible and agreed.

Unfortunately, the regular season has ended, and I received an email from her telling me that a new project would be starting soon. If I would be able to come in and work on it, it would be recommended. Well, I didn't want to push her- she had been nice enough. So I responded with the enthusiastic, "I would love to!"

But I didn't give her the impression that I was a genius (she already knew that from the c++ classes). I even let her know I was nervous about my abilities. She reassured me, letting me know that I would be on a project with someone she referred to as "brilliant." She explained he would be located in the cubicle next to me, ready to assist me if, more like when, I have no idea what I'm doing. Perhaps his genius will even rub off on me. Or maybe he'll go and complain to my manager about how "that stupid annoying girl" won't leave him alone.

Please cross your fingers for me. That would be much appreciated!


No comments: